Wednesday, April 7, 2010

10 week appointment

Today we went for my 10 week appointment. It was very short-weight, blood pressure, asked about my symptoms. She tried to hear the heartbeat but couldn't hear it because it is still kinda early, so she did a quick ultrasound to see the heartbeat! I was so excited. She said that if it were her, she would want to hear/see it to feel better. I totally agree! So we saw the heartbeat and our little jelly bean!! The heart was beating 171 beats per minute!! So much faster than last time (which was 126). Dr. Duke said that 171 was in normal range for 10 weeks. My next appointment will be May 5. I am hoping at that appointment I can schedule my ultrasound to find out the sex! I will only be 18 weeks at that appointment but I think she will try to see. I am so anxious to start buying baby stuff. I have actually bought a couple things that are gender neutral. We really do not care if it is a boy or girl, just want a healthy baby, we just want to know!!!!
It is amazing how fast our baby is growing! This week he/she is the size of a small apple and is growing fingernails! AMAZING! I am starting to get over the nausea which I am so thankful for! I am also thankful that I am starting to not feel so hungry all the time! I have started getting hot all the time which I am totally not used to. I am always the one with a sweater on so cranking up the A/C is new for me!

1 comment: